Welcome to the Holden Arboretum campus of Holden Forests & Gardens. Whether you rent snowshoes at the Corning Visitor Center or bring your own , this information will help you safely enjoy your winter experience- stay warm and have a great time!
- Snowshoers may traverse any snow-covered trails or fields
- Suggested beginner’ trail: Blueberry Pond Loop
- For those who want a challenging hike: Corning Lake Loop or Layer Rhododendron Garden
- Stay away from the garden beds and bodies of water, as both may be harder to spot when snow-covered
- Avoid walking on non-snow surfaces as exposed concrete
- Please note: Cross Country Skiing has been discontinued
Rental rates are based on two hours of use, and are $6 for Adults and $3 for Children (ages 3-12 ). $1 each additional hour. Please return rentals to guest services staff by 4:45pm, regardless of check-out time.
Available snowshoe sized are based on weight. The manufacturer recommends the following ranges, though size can be somewhat flexible.
- Kids: 40-90 lbs
- Small: 80-150 lbs
- Medium: 120-200 lbs
- Large: 170-250 lbs
Next time you go snowshoeing at the Holden Arboretum, take along your camera to get some photos of all the wonderful plants, trees, and birds you see! Be sure to tag us on social media using the hashtag #holdenphotoshow.