About the Holden Arboretum
The Holden Arboretum incorporates nearly 3,500 acres in Lake and Geauga counties, with 200 acres dedicated to cultivated gardens and special collections. Our gardens showcase a wide range of plants from delicate spring ephemerals to grand displays of brightly colored rhododendrons, and each garden has its own story to tell. The arboretum also has miles and miles of trails for beginner and more advanced hikers.
The Holden Arboretum is currently open to members
The arboretum is currently open to members. We hope to welcome the general public soon.
Advance Reservations Required for Members
Timed-entry reservations are now required to visit the Arboretum grounds to promote physical distancing mandates. All members must make a reservation in advance:
Plan your visit
• Members must enter through the Main Entrance and park in the Main Parking lot only.
• Use of the entry gate keypad is suspended until further notice. Members will provide their reservation [number/printout/last name] to the gatehouse attendant for entry. A print copy of your reservation is not required but is recommended for entry. You will need to give the gatehouse staff the name on your reservation.
• Do not approach HF&G staff when you are on the grounds. If you have a question or need help, please call (440) 946-4400 Ext. 224 and someone will assist you.
• Bring water and snacks. Food and beverages are not available for purchase on site.
• All public buildings will remain closed. Restrooms are available at the Corning Visitor Center.
• The Murch Canopy Walk & Kalberer Emergent Tower will remain closed until further notice.
• As always dogs must be on a leash, bring your own bags for pet waste, and remember water for your animal…no water will be available onsite.
• Most of all, enjoy your time at the Arboretum. We’re thrilled to have you back. We missed you!
Ohio Public Health Guidelines
• The following public health measures outlined by the State of Ohio Department of Public Health are in place for the foreseeable future for the safety and comfort of our members and staff.
• If you’d like to visit with others, please limit your guests to people you live with. The maximum group size when visiting the grounds is 10 people.
• Visitors are encouraged to wear a mask or facial covering when visiting the grounds.
• Please comply with the state mandated six-foot physical distancing rule.
• Our decision to reopen the Arboretum to members is being guided by direction provided by Governor Mike DeWine and Dr. Amy Acton to safely begin to reopen Ohio. As we welcome back our members to the grounds, we will continue to adhere to the public health guidelines provided by federal, state, and local authorities.
• We need all members and visitors to help us to remain open. Please follow the guidelines below so that we can continue to provide access to the grounds for exercise, relaxation, and enjoyment of nature.
• We are so happy to be open and to welcome you to the Arboretum during one of the most beautiful times of the year. With your help and careful adherence to these public health guidelines, we can remain open. We are learning right along with you about how to best operate in this new world. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.