- Open today: 10:00 am - 4:45 pm
- Cost Included in admission
- Time to allocate Up to 30 minutes
- Difficulty Moderate - 500 ft.
The Canopy Walk invites guests to stroll along a 500-foot-long elevated walkway that rises 65 feet above the forest floor. Walk amongst the treetops, and appreciate our forest from an entirely new perspective.
Things to discover
The Murch Canopy Walk and Kalberer Emergent Tower open for the season on April 1, 2021.
Visits to the Murch Canopy Walk and Kalberer Emergent Tower are now included with membership and general admission.
- On average, it takes about an hour and a half to two hours to enjoy the Murch Canopy Walk.
- Guests may spend up to 30 minutes at this experience, allowing ample time to relax and enjoy the views.
- The Canopy Walk is located about six-tenths of a mile from the Corning Visitor Center.
For your safety, the Canopy Walk may need to close during severe weather conditions, including thunderstorms, high winds and snow.
There are a few instances when the structure undergoes routine maintenance and may be closed for certain periods of time. Watch for announcements on our website, Twitter, and Facebook pages.
The Murch Canopy Walk is wheelchair-accessible up to the first platform. The remaining suspension bridges and platforms are wide enough to be accessed by some wheelchairs. Working service animals for the disabled are allowed, but other pets are not.
The Holden Arboretum is a living museum, kept beautiful and healthy for research, enjoyment, and learning. We ask all visitors to help the Arboretum in continuing to nurture the exhibits, grounds, trees, and plants in our care. For the health of our visitors, we are a smoke and vapor-free environment.