Thank you for choosing the Cleveland Botanical Garden for your summer camp experience! Our daily activities are designed to connect your child to the natural world and spark a passion for plants while having fun. Below are some additional guidelines to help ensure a safe and fun camp experience for everyone.
Please sign and date the agreements on the following pages and continue on to complete required contact and medical forms.
*Completed forms are required for your child(ren) to participate in camp.
- Full Week Camps – Monday – Friday 9:00am to 3:00pm
- Micro Camps – Your Registered Day from 9:00am to 3:00pm
For updated information on pandemic procedures for summer camp, please read the following: HF&G Letter to Parents COVID-19
Camper Drop Off
- Cleveland Botanical Garden front circle 8:45-9 am – 11030 East Boulevard, Cleveland Ohio 44106
- Please drop campers off in the front circle (your GPS may take you to the side entrance, please continue to the main entrance on Wade Oval Dr.)
- The instructor will be waiting at the front entrance to check them in.
- Temperatures will be taken upon arrival – anyone with a reading over 100.4˚ F will not be admitted to camp.
- Do not park in the front circle. If you need to park your vehicle, please use the attached garage. Please be aware that parents are not permitted to visit the Garden when they drop the campers off in the morning. The Garden opens at 10 am if you are interested in visiting the grounds while your child is at camp. The Garden is closed to the public on Mondays.
- Children may be dropped off no sooner than 15 minutes prior to the start of the program.
- Children who are not checked in by 9:15 am will not be able to attend camp for the day.
- Camp families should perform a daily self-administered health check. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. If your child exhibits any of the above symptoms or if they have come in to contact with someone who has, they should not come to camp.
Camper Pick Up
- Cleveland Botanical Garden front circle 2:45-3:00 pm — 11030 East Blvd., Cleveland, Ohio 44106
- Anyone picking up your child will need to present a photo ID (ex: driver’s license or state ID) for the release of your child. For your child’s safety, we are not able to release your child unless proper identification is given daily.
- Anyone authorized to pick your child up from camp, including yourself, must be listed in the Authorized Pickup section of the Camper Contact Information Form.
- You are welcome to stay and visit the Gardens after pickup. The garden is closed to the public on Mondays.
- Please do not pick your child up early without prior written notification.
- In the event of an emergency, please call the Garden Security Desk at 216-721-1600 ext. 222 and ask to be put in contact with Summer Camp. The security department will put you in touch with the education department to assist in locating your child.
What to Bring Daily
- Small Snack & Lunch – No refrigeration provided.
- Water bottle – we will provide water for refills.
- A backpack with belongings.
- Attire: Plan to get dirty! For protection during garden exploration, the following is recommended:
- A face covering*
- Sturdy footwear
- Sunscreen – apply prior to arrival
- Mark all belongings with your child’s name. Holden Forests & Gardens is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
*All children and summer camp staff are required to wear masks while indoors. Masks need not be worn while outdoors or during lunch and snack times. Please review the Covid 19 Letter to Parents for all updated procedures.
Children are expected to display appropriate behavior at all times. To keep all campers safe and enjoy our time together, please review the following guidelines with your child.
- Show respect to all participants, staff, and nature.
- Refrain from causing harm to self, other participants, and staff.
- Use equipment, supplies and facilities properly.
- Leave electronic devices at home.
- Stay with the group.
- If you’re unsure, ask.
- Have fun!
Should behavioral problems arise, you will be contacted that day to discuss the nature of the problem. The following disciplinary steps will be applied as needed:
- Verbal warning
- Supervised time-out, away from the group
- Parents/guardian notified of inappropriate behavior either personally or via email/phone call.
- Dismissal from camp
Cleveland Botanical Garden Summer Camp Form
You can send your form electronically using the secure form below. If you prefer, you can print the following form and email it to our Public Programs Coordinator at email@example.com or bring with with your child on the first day of camp.