Calling all frog friends and aqua adventurers!
This one-day camp will bring you up close and personal with the wet and wonderful habitats at Holden Arboretum. We’ll dip nets below the surface, make our own fishing rods, and play games as we explore what makes water a vital part of our healthy ecosystems.
Session I: July 1
Grades: Rising grades 3 – 5
Price: $60member; $65 non-member
Session II: August 2
Grades: Rising grades 1 – 2
Price: $60 member; $65 non-member
What to Bring Daily
- Small Snack & Lunch – No refrigeration provided.
- Water bottle – we will provide water for refills.
- A backpack with belongings.
- Appropriate outdoor attire – We will be exploring outdoors in all weather.
- A face covering*
- Sturdy footwear
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Please mark all belongings with your child’s name. Holden Forests & Gardens is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
*Currently all staff and visitors are required to wear masks while indoors at HF&G campuses. Masks are not required while outdoors or during lunch and snack times. You will be notified if this policy changes.
Drop Off & Pickup Procedures
Camper Drop Off
- Warren H. Corning Visitor’s Center 8:45 to 9:00am — 9550 Sperry Road, Kirtland, Ohio
- Let the gate attendant know you are here for summer camp.
- Camp leaders will be awaiting your arrival in front of the Visitor’s Center.
- Children may be dropped off no sooner than 15 minutes prior to the start of the program.
- Children who are not checked in by 9:15 am will not be able to attend camp for the day.
- You are welcome to stay and visit the Arboretum after drop off. Please be aware that parents should not interact with campers while they are engaged in camp activities.
- Camp families should perform a daily self-administered health check. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. If your child exhibits any of the above symptoms or if they have come in to contact with someone who has, they should not come to camp.
Camper Pick Up
- Warren H. Corning Visitor Center 2:45-3:00 pm — 9550 Sperry Road, Kirtland, Ohio
- Anyone picking up your child from camp, including yourself, must be listed in the Authorized Pickup section of the Camper Contact Information Form.
- A photo ID (ex: driver’s license or state ID) is required from anyone picking up your child. For your child’s safety, we are not able to release your child without proper identification.
- You are welcome to stay and visit the Arboretum after pickup.
- Early pick-ups can only be accommodated with prior written notification.
- In the event of an emergency, please call the Visitor Center at (440) 946-4400 and ask to be put in contact with Summer Camp.
Currently, staff and visitors are not required to wear masks while indoors at Holden Forests & Gardens campuses. However, all staff and instructors are required to be vaccinated. Staff and visitors are advised to stay home if feeling ill or have a known exposure to Covid-19.
Due to the ever-changing nature of the pandemic, Covid-19 policies and procedures will be updated and clarified closer to the summer camp season in alignment with CDC guidelines and best public health practices. Parents will be notified by email of any changes or updates prior to the start of camp.
Summer camp forms are available to fill out and submit online or in paper format. Completed forms are due no later than 7 days prior to the start of camp.2022 Forms
Children are always expected to display appropriate behavior while at summer camp. To keep all campers safe and enjoy our time together, please review the following guidelines with your child.
- Show respect to all participants, staff, and nature.
- Refrain from causing harm to self, other participants, and staff.
- Use equipment, supplies and facilities properly.
- Leave electronic devices at home.
- Stay with the group.
- If you’re unsure, ask.
- Have fun!
Should behavioral problems arise, you will be contacted that day to discuss the nature of the problem. The following disciplinary steps will be applied as needed:
- Verbal warning
- Supervised time-out, away from the group
- Parents/guardian notified of inappropriate behavior either personally or via email/phone call.
- Dismissal from camp
Holden Forests & Gardens may take pictures during programs and events for use in future promotions, publications and advertising. By registering for a program, you are indicating consent to have your picture taken and shared unless you indicate otherwise.
If it is necessary for Holden Forests & Gardens to cancel a program due to insufficient registration you will receive a full refund. Every attempt will be made to notify you regarding the status of your program. Should you choose to cancel your registration, you must notify the registrar at least 14 business days prior to the start of the program. You will receive a refund minus a $10 handling fee. Holden Forests & Gardens cannot refund fees requested on or after the start date of a program or for sessions missed due to illness or other personal situations.
Summer camp scholarships are available to Access Membership holders for all full-week camps and microcamps. For more information about Access Membership, click here.